Harissa Carrot & Pumpkin Soup with Cashew Cream
10:10 21 August in Cooking Recipes
- 1.2kg buttercup or other pumpkin, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into circles.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into eighths
- 2 teaspoon Cosmo's Spicy Harissa Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 400ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400ml water
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water, then drained
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin, carrot, garlic and onion in a roasting dish and toss through Cosmo's Spicy Harissa Seasoning, salt and olive oil to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, then toss once again to cook evenly.
- Blend cooked vegetables, stock and water in batches in your blender, or with a stick blender in the soup pot. Heat blended soup in pot until it reaches boiling point, then remove from heat.
- To make cashew cream, blend all ingredients until fairly smooth.
- Serve soup with a dessertspoon of cashew cream, plus a wedge of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.