Tarragon Chicken Wrapped in Prosciutto
- 2 double chicken breasts, boneless with skin on
- Sprigs of tarragon
- Cosmo’s Lemo Pepo Seasoning
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Garlic salt or plain salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon Butter Sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped onion
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 150g butter (cubed), softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Grated rind of a small lemon
Method (Chicken wrapped in prosciutto)
STEP 1 Cut double chicken breasts in half, leaving the skin on. On the underside of each breast, sprinkle with Cosmo’s Lemo Pepo Seasoning and place sprigs of tarragon.
STEP 2 Wrap the prosciutto (or streaky bacon) into a figure eight around the chicken breast and sprinkle with garlic salt or plain salt and freshly ground black pepper.
STEP 3 Cook at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and the prosciutto and chicken skin are crispy and golden. Serve with Lemon Butter Sauce and green beans. Serves 4. (The recipe for the Lemon butter Sauce is given below.)
Method (Lemon Butter Sauce)
STEP 1 In a saucepan add white wine, white wine vinegar, tarragon, chopped onion and pepper. Simmer ingredients and reduce to just one tablespoon of liquid.
STEP 2 Add the lemon juice and grated rind and then slowly whisk in the butter, one cube at a time. (It’s important to make sure the wine/vinegar mixture doesn’t completely evaporate or you will end up with melted butter not a creamy sauce). This ‘beurre blanc’ is like a hollandaise or béarnaise sauce but without the egg yolk base.
Season to taste with salt and white pepper.